San Francisco-dependent dashcam maker and decentralized mapping provider company Hivemapper issued cryptocurrency tokens HONEY to reward dashcam customers for contributing driving details and street imagery on Friday Hong Kong time, in accordance to a push launch shared with Forkast.
See linked short article: Program agency Spexi raises US$5.5 mln to establish Move blockchain-based mostly drone imagery platform
- Motorists can earn crypto by uploading road illustrations or photos recorded by a specialized dashcam provided by Hivemapper. In April, Hivemapper lifted US$18 million in a funding spherical led by Multicoin Funds to launch its blockchain network.
- Just about every digicam fees US$549, and the firm has so significantly bought over 5,500 dashcams across 66 nations. The crypto benefits are non-preset and will be altered according to sector demand, claimed Hivemapper’s white paper.
- Hivemapper’s blockchain community explorer shows the map started off with its very first contributor on Nov. 1, and it has 15 contributors as of Friday 10 a.m. Hong Kong time.
- Hivemapper, which hopes to rival Google Street Check out with lessen-value photos, updates road view maps 24 moments as usually as Google Road Perspective, in accordance to Hivemapper.
- The enterprise sells the road pictures, each and every kilometer of highway image expenditures US$1 to get hold of, the company’s pricing page displays.
- “Maps are a critical part of today’s world wide economic system and technological innovation infrastructure, nevertheless only a handful of the premier technologies providers management the US$300 billion market place,” mentioned Ariel Seidman, CEO and cofounder of Hivemapper.
See similar write-up: X-to-Receive: Consume, snooze, do almost anything at all for pay back in crypto