It is an accepted fact that it takes at least 30 days to create a new habit. I look at a habit as something we do on autopilot. It becomes part of our routine. Just imagine how life would be knowing that after we change something for the better it brings success into our lives. 30 days in the big scheme of things is a very short period of time. So why is it so difficult to embrace change that will enhance our lives. Successful people have bad habits to. The main difference is they know what they are and consciously work to counteract the bad tendencies.
Successful people in my view have a daily routine that unfolds in much the same way every day although what takes place in the day may be very different. Successful people have defined the daily patterns that work best for them. Remember if there was a recipe for success we would have all bought the book. These six daily habits are and will continue to be used by successful people.
- Successful people plan for tomorrow at the end of each day. This allows you to prioritize and deal with what I call the Have To Things from the Choose to Things. Keep in mind that successful people choose to do the have to things as they know it will drive them toward success. Call it crazy, but tomorrow is rattling around in your brain all night while sleeping and you don’t know even know it.
- Successful people review their goals on a daily basis. Remember, that to reach many of our goals that we probably have smaller pieces of the goal that need to be addressed on a daily basis.
- Most of the top successful people exercise and are fit. Exercise actually increases your energy levels.
- Successful people read and study what is going on in their respective fields and industries. They want to know what the competition is doing. They want to be up to speed on the latest trends. Sometimes the difference between being on top and been second is a fraction of an inch.
- Successful people now how to focus. The have the ability to deal with or move aside distractions that consume their valuable time.
- Successful people come to work early and leave later. There is no substitute for hard work. Ad working smarter (see 4) and the success rate takes a huge jump.
It is a shame that many people get up in the morning and deal with things that come toward them. They live life reacting to their environment instead of taking charge of their environment. When you plan your day toward achieving success it will in most cases likely happen. Many of the worlds successful people learn it from their parents as they grow up. They are actually submerged in the success lifestyle. It has become a habit at an early stage. For those who have not grown up in that environment it takes planning, focus and having a set of realistic goals to aim toward. The most important habit of all is to have the burning desire to succeed.